Sunday, February 26, 2012

Apartment Facelift Update!

    Loralie from Ellenor Postmarked came over today and we talked about paint colors. She brought over six colors for us to swatch on the wall. I was instantly in love. With all of them. They were each so perfect for the room in so many different ways.



    I love the idea of painting. How its gonna change the light, how its going to enhance all the other elements we have been incorporating...


    These are the colors on the east wall, and then below is on the west hall.




   I really fell in love with the two middle colors. The top, a peachy pink, is Victoria Pearl. The bottom, the grey purple, is Gentle Rain.  I was leaning to gentle rain, until my smart decorator Loralie reminded me that I have had my heart set on a grey sofa... and the bad ass rug I got last week. 



  So in the end, I went with Victoria Pearl. 

    As Loralie pointed out, its exactly what I want. Its feminine but also, the peach makes it quite modern. It will look amazing with the navy rug, the grey couch, and the taupe tufted nailhead chairs I bought last month.  I am so excited. Loralie is so intuitive with what I want. Todays decision on paint was actually pretty difficult because everything she brought over was amazing. I actually think I am going to use the pale green in my bathroom. 

xo


2 comments: