Saturday, March 3, 2012

Why being your single, 32 year old, animal-lover friend is actually awesome, and other things you think I am lying to you about.

    Before I start, this blog post is not meant to hurt the feelings or insult any of my friends. AT ALL. This is just a commentary on where I am in my life.

    A few nights ago, a friend of mine tried to set me up with this guy. He was great. Charming, handsome, outdoorsy, friendly... and totally not into me. After he left, I told my friend maybe she shouldn't try to set me up anymore. I am not very good at this stuff. She told me she would respect my wishes, but was really kind of worried about me. She didn't want to see me end up some crazy old dog lady. That I deserved better. What she said was really sweet, honest, and caring; but it cut me to the core. Why would she think I was becoming that person...


    I started looking through my photos.

 Heres a sexy picture of...Aidan in my bed

Oh look, heres Aidan and I at Christmas.

Just this morning, Aidan hiking Gryffith Park with me. 

Aidan and I cuddling at the park.

    Huston. We have a problem. Efffffffff.

    I mean, its not like I haven't been dating. I have. I just work a lot, right? Ugh, all these things sound like excuses. Sad thing is, they are not.

    Up until four years ago, I hadn't been single for longer than five months since I was 12 years old. TWELVE! All those years, relationship after relationship...it was just too much. And now, when I am supposed to be married, having kids, working on my future; honestly all I want to be is alone. Don't get me wrong. I miss having someone here all the time, and would like to have someone to come home to. The right person.  I want the right person.  Because, guess what. I am so happy right now. Less than a month from now, I will have been cancer free. FOR A YEAR.  I have lost almost 25 pounds.  I am working out, eating better, cleaning more, keeping in touch with my friends better. I would love to have someone enhance this situation, but until then. Im good. Really good.
   
xo


2 comments: