Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Green Smoothie Heaven

My lovely friend Julia from Hollywood on a Leash turned me onto this great book "Green for Life" by Victoria Boutenko. It deals with our need for greens in our diet, etc.
I am always looking for new ways to improve my energy levels and to have more vitamins in my life so I am trying it out. Julia hasn't stopped raving about how good she feels, so why not.
I made one recipe, which yields about 2 quarts, to try it out. The smoothies stay good for about three days, so I bottled them in mason jars and put them in my fridge to grab and go. It's pretty tasty! I don't feel super energized yet...but it's only the second day. Here's the first recipe:
Hawaiian Dream
3 cups dandelion greens
1 cup sweet Hawaiian pineapple
1 banana
1 apple
2 cups water

Blend thoroughly.

Xo

1 comment: