Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ellenor Postmarked!


   I adore my apartment. Its true. Out of every place I have lived in Los Angeles over the past 9 (!!) years, this is the best. I more than adore it. I love it. I never want to move. Ever. I know, I know. Everyone says "You need to own a home." Honestly, do I need to? I get the tax break and all, but would I find a place, in this neighborhood, with this much character, in my price range? I think not.
    That being said, decorating is not my forte. I know what I like, but I am constantly second guessing myself. I am also easily swayed by the trend of the moment; forgoing large investment pieces for kitchy items I will hate in the fall.  If you follow this blog at all, you know I am always getting a new rug, or moving my furniture around, or a new duvet cover. Yet it still never seems right. Thats where my friend Loralie Orr comes in.
    Loralie and I lived a couple doors apart in a fun apartment building in West Hollywood. She has always had a great sense of style and a keen eye for design. I will say I was not surprised when I received an email this fall letting me know that she was opening her own interior design business.



  Ellenor Postmarked.  It was such a great idea...design from afar or near. Ala carte or full service. All with these little guides to lead you on your way. If you get a chance, please bump over and look at her cute site. Its really well put together and very descriptive. I have to say I was intrigued to say the least, especially when I saw some of the photos of her work...










I mean seriously look at this shit! The plum metallic stripes on the ceiling?! AND LOOK AT THAT LIGHT FIXTURE!!!











And this room? Can I just move all that to my place now???


















And last but not least, I love her work here on the South Los Angeles Animal Shelter

www.ellenorpostmarked.com


    So Sunday my sweet friend Loralie came over to start the process of us remaking my place. It was really interesting to see her work. She took measurements of my rooms and of my furniture; and had all sorts of really great ideas about upholstering and resourceful shopping. (If you remember, one of my new years resolutions was to get into better financial shape, and Loralie totally understood that) I had made a design board on Pinterest, and she was really excited to take a look at it. (I also spied the Domino book in her little satchel, and I thought "What a savvy gal!")  Loralie is so funny, and sweet. I didn't mind admitting my pension for trend of the moment, or that I couldn't quite seem to put to words why I hate my living room shelves, but I just did; and she just seemed to get it. Just off the top of her head she recommended some paint ideas and lacquering tips that  would never have crossed my mind. This is going to be super fun. I can feel it.

 So here are the OFFICIAL BEFORE PHOTOS: 

























   
    Today I made my very first purchase for the new design. I know it was a little premature, as Loralie is still working on the layout... but I emailed her and she said to snatch these little craigslist babies up! I mean seriously...who would give this pair up?


   Love! So please stay tuned! I promise to keep you all updated with my Ellenor Postmarked adventures!

xo

1 comment: