Sunday, January 15, 2012

Konad Nail Stamping

    Last year when I was sick, my cousins friend came over and did my nails for me. She is a nail wiz! All the colors I could have ever wanted and these weird stamp plates from Konad.  They make hundreds of little metal plates with all sorts of patterns on them.  You use a stamp and a scraper and it transfers onto your nail! It was so cute that I thought I would buy one. I bought the basic scraper and stamp and one plate in a kit on ebay for SUPER cheap. And then as life happens...9 months went by and it was still in the package. Tonight I walked by and thought...ooooh yeaaaah!


 I started with my basic kit and then just some polish that I had on hand.


The taupe is OPI "You don't know Jauques" and the pale pink is Essie "Not just a pretty face."


First I started out with two coats of the pink. When it was dry, I did a thin layer of the taupe over the pattern I wanted. 


Then you use the scraper and slide it along the plate to take off the excess.


The next step is to transfer the paint to the stamp. You do it in a rolling motion over the plate. The same rolling motion is used to transfer the pattern from the stamp onto your nail.


I finished up with a coat of clear top coat, and Zing! Pink and Taupe Leopard Nails!

    I have to say this is incredibly easier than I had expected. There is  bit of residue on the cuticles, but mine came right off in the shower. I would recommend  doing the scrapping step with a paper towel underneath to have something to take the excess off on. Also its good to wipe the stamp with nail polish remover after a few stamps so you don't build up extra paint. If you miss a spot, just do a little piece on your stamp and fill it in! I love it! If only they made this for Gel manicures!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment